The Hanseatic Institute for Entrepreneurship and Regional Development at the University of Rostock.
The Hanseatic Institute for Entrepreneurship and Regional Development (HIE-RO) at the University of Rostock deals with applied research in the fields of innovation, human resources development, evaluation, concepts and strategies of learning regions and entrepreneurial education.
In cooperation with other universities and institutions we carry out analyses, studies and evaluations, as well preparing training programmes. We aim at exchanging experience and finding innovative ways to support development goals..
The main working fields of the HIE-RO Institute are:
- research in support of start-ups and entrepreneurial education,
- promotion of an integrated approach to regional development,
- scientific support and evaluation of training programmes and networks,:
- creation of channels of scientific information exchange.:
Expected results of the HIE-RO activities are:
- increasing number of entrepreneurial mindsets in the region,
- development of regional strategies considering the importance of cultural, social and human capital preservation and enhancement,
- bridging gaps between institutions of higher education and regional, national and international organisations,
- human capital investments in the region taking into consideration the importance of enterprising and entrepreneurial skills
HIE-RO, thanks to its committed and interdisciplinary staff, joins together research and practical applications with the intention of supporting triple helix and building a friendly international environment. For any questions concerning our work please feel free to contact us.
BSR INTERCONNECT - 3rd project partner meeting. 14.10.2016 On 22nd and 23rd of September took place in Rostock a 3rd project partners meetin ...Read more
Liquid Energy seed money project. 1st project partners meeting in Szczecin (Poland). 12.10.2016 As the result of the 1st call for seed money ...Read more
International Conference "Educational spaces 21. Open up!" 05.06.2016 As part of the Open Education Festival, organized by the Center for Ci ...Read more